Monday 20 April 2009

Look at the shiny . . .

Had a lovely week last week. we did the parental thing and caught up with mums, dads, brothers and grandparents galore. It was good to be home, mainly because it fuelled further ideas for books I want to write. I also got to be a little nostalgic and went to Lancaster for the day. It has changed since we were there at university, not much mind, but enough.

I would love to live some where vaguely rural when I am rich and famous (ahem)! Somewhere close enough to civilisation, but small enough to feel at home. As much as I have loved living here in brum, its never quite felt just right. Work today proved it.

I have been having a few 'minor' stresses about work this year. I've out grown it. Just like I'm starting to feel like I've outgrown the city. Don't get me wrong, I am happy here and I have made some wonderful friends, but I need a change - hence the writing. I've not slept much in the last few days worrying about today. It was an INSET day in reality it's nothing, its easy, its not stressful in the slightest. I made it to 11.30 this morning before I burst out crying - I think thats a new record!! Go me!

Anyway, after a verbal slap from Erika to help get me back together, I saw things in a little more perspective. Its 12 weeks. 12 school weeks and I am free to do as I please for 12 months - WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!! lets just home I can do it some justice!!!

Anyhoo - heres 4 more brooches I made from random bits and pieces donated by my mum and grandma. Think a couple of these would make nice wedding corsages. Hope you like . . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment